Wednesday, April 8, 2009

At 3 am in the morning ...

...I think about quitting this stupid dual program and just becoming a psychiatrist instead.

...I really miss my cats.

…the newly dead body looks like a limp sack of meaty potatoes.

… I feel like crying.

8 comments:

Sara said...

Oh god that sucks so bad. I hate hate hate it. There was a fall from height trauma that was really bad on my last surgery call.

But...I expected you to want to quit the psychiatry part first.

And now I know what you mean about just wanting to go home and play with the cat.

OMDG said...

My psychiatry resident gets two days free per week for research. He leaves work at 5. He moonlights for 700 bucks a night at the VA and still gets 6 hours of sleep.

Sounds pretty awesome, actually. Maybe find out whether second year is as bad as intern year first.

gabbiana said...

Man, Serena, if they get to you there is no hope at all for me.

I always thought dead people looked too waxen to be potatoes. Sort of like... greenish candle drippings. Potatoes covered in yogurt covered in skin. Yes.

Anonymous said...

Hang in there. Remember residency is nothing like real life as a doctor. It can be much, much, much better than it is for you right now. Get some sleep--it makes all the difference in the world.

Dragonfly said...

*Hugs*

Stephanie said...

Uuber: NNnnnuuu poor stepums. Uuber gives stepums a hug. huuuuug.

Stephanie said...

Cosco: neahzhers huggers!!!!

tracy said...

If you have to choose, please stay in Psych...and find a way to do therapy...the world needs you!

Hugs!