Sorry about the blog hiatus, but time is scarce during inpatient VA. I'm only blogging now because my endurance for the VA is slowly coming to an end and I need a good place to vent.
So as I sit here randomly typing, trying to think of something to positive to say about the VA, I realize that, HA, THERE IS NOTHING POSITIVE TO SAY.
There are no women (which is probably not the case for all VA's, just this one)
There are only old men, and they have one of three diagnoses: CHF, COPD, ESLD 2/2 etoh
(so for my sister stepums, who I know is going to ask, that's Congestive Heart
Failure, Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, and End stage liver disease due to
too much boozing)
So to continue with my list...
These same old men who are dying of liver disease think it's ok to hit on me...with the same vigor that they probably put into sucking down that fifth of whiskey every morning.
The ED is incompetent (again, only this VA specific)
The overnight nursing staff makes me want to shoot myself.
THE CAFETERIA WITH COFFEE STAND CLOSES AT 2:30PM.
Like I said...2 calls and counting.
Monday, February 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Awww...somehow I was hoping you disappeared because you were going to Napa on weekends or something.
oh dear that coffee stand closes way too early
what does etoh mean
This make me feel like inhaling thick smog everyday isn't so bad...
My VA is like that as well. Terrible to think *this* is the model that some people reference when discussing government health coverage. And EtOH stands for ethanol, or the alcohol in booze.
Who the hell stops drinking coffee at 2:30 in the afternoon? Lord.
Also, I don't have a VA rotation in my residency. Am I missing out? I always wanted a much-older, cirrhotic, misogynist lover.
Hi, I'm new here, but I just wanted to say, don't shoot yourself over the incompetence of the overnight nursing staff. Shoot them, instead!
Seriously, though, just from this brief sampling of only a couple of your blog entries, I see that your work is incredibly stressful. much moreso than I would have imagined.
Thank you for sharing Reality with us, and I hope blogging helps relieve some of the pressure!
The hitting on didn't bother me so much because I always felt I was doing those VA guys a favor by you know, being young and female and IN THEIR PRESENCE.
Glad you're done now though. Woohoo!
Post a Comment