My sister's post on the trials and tribulations of graduation from college and finding a conventional job and killing your soul or finding a non-conventional job (or not), nourishing your soul but risk being brokealonescared have promoted this post:
I am, despite my frequent negative commentary on this blog, extremely happy I am a doctor. It is an extraordinary privilege to enter into the secrets of my patients' lives, to be there at the beginning of life, at the end of life, and every phase in between. I see people at their worst, when they are sick, dying, suffering and have nowhere else to turn, and I would not trade it for anything.
So despite the humongous load of debt (300K, to be precise), the long crappy hours, there are moments when i pause and really realize that I love my job.
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
good :)
what a rare and wonderful thing to love your job. maybe you should start another blog about the good things that happen and the things that you appreciate because if you blogged about those things on this one then you would ruin this blog's reputation of providing entertainment in the form of cynical and sarcastic commentary.
That's great, Serena. I love my job too! But, I love it more when I'm not actually doing it.
Post a Comment