Thursday, January 8, 2009

As long as I am making lists for blogs….

Here is a list of places Brad and I are considering for my next vacation. Now granted, my next vacation (well, other than the one in a month where I'm visiting philli) is not until October. NEVERTHELESS, one must dream.

1. Italy - now, I really want to go for two reasons: DRINK WINE AND EAT. Plus I would like to avoid the worst tourist crowds. So. I am thinking not Rome, but maybe Florence, Naples?
2. Spain - another food/wine mecca, but we don't have to fly an extra 3 hours to get there.
3. Back to London - because Brad and I just LOVE London. Plus you can take the Eurostar across to France.
4. Thailand - cause it's gorgeous. I actually want to go to Malaysia, but Brad doesn't want to because he's already been there…on a cross Atlantic booty call.
5. China - true, I've been there multiple times, but it really is a disgrace that Brad hasn't been there yet.

10 comments:

Sara said...

All sound really good... what about Venice in the fog? It's supposed to be all creepy and real in winter...but don't go to London, go somewhere new.

Stephanie said...

Don't do London. Don't do China. Do Spain or Italy. Florence is still touristy, but the art and Chianti food/wine is well worth it. If you go to Spain, go to the south: Granada and Sevilla.

Thailand is cool too.

gabbiana said...

London is wonderful; five days wasn't enough -- particularly when two of the days were Christmas and boxing day and everything was closed -- and I want to go back *now*. (Plus, I didn't get to shop. Shopping there looked amazing.) But I'm also a sucker for Italy. And I've never been to Spain, and I hear great things. Oh! And Eastern Europe. Supposed to be pretty *and* cheap.

(On the off chance that I take off May or April -- I think I have time? -- where should I go?)

Dragonfly said...

Spain and hook over into Portugal.

TANSTAAFL said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
TANSTAAFL said...

You must go to Florence, and October is the perfect time of year. Crowds have thinned out, there are delicious chestnuts fresh roasted to buy from vendors in any piazza and the weather is gorgeous. It may rain now and then but it beats the heat in summer which is really quite something.

Be sure to cross the river into the Olt'Arno (meaning literally, the other side of the Arno river). This is where you will find the church Santo Spirito and my absolute favorite: San Felicita (which is right near the Ponte Vecchio). There is the most beautiful Renaissance fresco by the artist Jacopo Pontormo at this modest little chapel. If you're there on a sunny day, ask the attendants to turn off the spotlight to see the painting in its natural hues. It simply glows.

Ahh, Firenze. Bon Viaggio!

tracy said...

How about Romaina? Then you could see the Transylvainian Mountian Range...? Okay, i'm weird...do you make e-mail calls? :)

BTW Have you seen the "Shrink Rap" post on interpetation of Smilie Icons? It's hilarious!

tracy said...

"I have seen the world, explored its wonders, from the Dardenells to the Mountians of Peru, but there's no place like..."

Unknown said...

"It really is a disgrace that Brad hasn't been there yet". For someone who prides themselves on not being "Snobby", this self-entitled entry simply reeks of it.

Enjoy the blog though.

Serena said...

...well, it's kind of a disgrace because I'm Chinese (while he's not) and he likes anything Asian and really, like most of my family is still back there and he really should go at least once.