Monday, September 7, 2009

I'm not lying, this is totally true.

One of my friends (no names mentioned, but really, how many friends do I have doing residencies in the deep south) had this awesome story for me a few weeks ago:

She was seeing this somewhat elderly (but appearing older than stated age) woman who was a street prostitute for years. This woman was complaining of vaginal dishcarge/burning/itching that was just driving her crazy.

My friend did a speculum exam "down there" and noticed rather large warty-like bulbous lesions covering the ENTIRE region.

How long have you had this, my friend asked?

"oh a few months," said the woman. "They're all up in my vagina too and sometimes I pop 'um for some extra lubrication."

...(social commentary on the deep ingrained poverty of the south to follow)

9 comments:

cdnpsycres said...

and that is why i am not sad to leave the world of gyne behind...

love your blog by the way!

TAV said...

this is too funny!! and i thought i saw some strange things out here california, the "land of fruits and nuts." :)

Stephanie said...

GROSS

dr jss'ka said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.


i <3 obgyn

gabbiana said...

Mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. I don't usually wear eye protection during my vaginal exams but I just might start.

Anonymous said...

oh man, thats just really disturbing

OMDG said...

Yummy.

Ok that was totally horrifying.

S. said...

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew.

This mental image will require several days of seeing pictures of cute puppies to get it out of my mind. Going to cuteoverload dot com RIGHT NOW.

Baba Kifo said...

Dammit.... I would read this less than a hour after eating ice cream.

How horribly disgustng! And how depressing and disturbing to imagine the staggering ignorace that is the mentality of poverty.