Sunday, May 23, 2010

Dysthymic

It's been a couple of months since I've posted, not because there's been nothing to say but because residency seems to be sucking up most of my energy. I don't think I'm depressed, I'm more just "blue".

I had kind of a rough Peds ED rotation, and since then my motivation is just not there. I mean, there's only so many times I can get up smiling after being knocked down and intern year is all about being knocked down. And look, this is my second intern year!! Stuff that used to not bother me now increasingly make me either upset or anxious. Things I could just brush off before I incessantly think about now.

I always complain about leaving the program and I threaten constantly (mostly-jokingly) about leaving, but if my anxiety ridden stressed out life doesn't improve,I might have to. My third year starts in one month (with my first real resident rotations), so here's to hoping life improves.

2 comments:

Sara said...

What's different about residency rotations? Hang in. I'm in Sac right now actually, just did the CS, going today to get fingerprinted for the PTAL.

Peds ED is really sucky...I hate the peds in the walk in clinic.

nobody said...

will you post again?